Monday, October 19, 2009

GARY MCBOURNIE




Well, it has been a long time since I have seen or heard the name Gary McBournie. I did an internship program with him about 4 years ago now. Super nice guy. Today while I was on traditional homes website I came across an article on him. Well it is actually about Traditional Home celebrating their 20th anniversary. However in that, they picked two of their favorite designers, whom they publish often in their magazine( Gary being one of them). I thought it was great. Congratulations Gary and Traditional Home!!!!! Gary does beautiful work. I learned a lot from him and others in the office while I was there. Gary was the first designer to ever take me into the Boston Design Center. He also let me go out to job sites he was working on, so I could see a work in progress and completed pieces in person. Here are a few pictures from the loft he did while I was there. It was my favorite project of his. I did not help with choosing any of the finishes/furniture in this apartment. However I was the babysitter when the electrician and plumber needed to do work.  Thats hard work guys!  Keep in mind at the time the elevator was broken and this was on like the 15th floor of some old building in  South Boston. Beautiful!!!

Gary and his dog Winston :)



Gary always got fresh flowers from Winston Flowers.











 I love the color scheme and all the different shades of the yellowish green he used. Gary really pays attention to scale here too. The lantern above the table is over sized but perfect for the lofts high ceilings. The space really isn't that large when your inside.  However Gary definitely managed to make this space look bigger by painting the walls and ceiling the same color white, and by keeping the windows exposed to let as much light in as possible. How would you like to live in a space as light and airy as this one? I'd lovvvvvve it. oh la la

No comments:

Post a Comment