Wednesday, October 14, 2009

GUILDY PLEASURE

I have a girl crush on Tricia Guild. She amazes me every time I see her work. It just gets better and better. I first stumbled across her in Barnes and Nobels after seeing her book "Pattern" on one of their main displays. I had no idea what the book was about but picked it up imedietley because the cover was so amazing! Hot pink with an interesting black velvet pattern going up the side. Well i can't explain it. Heres a pic.


And although they say you should never judge a book by its cover. I totally did. And you know what, I loved it.


I recently went to her website and pulled some of my favorite pictures. She advertises her wallpaper, furniture rugs ect, by room designs. Which I think is great because most people would look at her stuff and say "oh, thats so pretty, but is so busy I could never use it in my space". NOT TRUE. You just have to have the talent to make it work. It seems like a difficult task, but seriously, just look at these pics and you will be inspired. :)



Here are some of her sofas. Would you change a thing about them? I WOULDN'T! Look at all the great color and textures. not to mention the layering of pattern. Im obsessed. Now if only my boyfriend would let me decorate like this. Heaven.




And if your not into too much color or pattern you can always add one of her chairs to your living room to give it a little spunk.






Rugs are also a great way to add dimension and interest to a room. Check out these babies.



No comments:

Post a Comment